Thursday, December 13, 2012


Foster says spiritual disciplines are not designed to be ends in themselves, but are intended to facilitate a person’s Journey into greater freedom in living a Christ-like life.

Some of the disciplines that I would like to talk about are the disciplines of prayer, confession, and solitude.  These particular disciplines have helped me trust God more.  I would like to start with solitude it has been my discipline of escape.  Sometimes when I feel like I need to get away from clutter and rambling thoughts.  I go on the Basketball court and shoot around or I go outside on my balcony with a cup of coffee and listen to the birds chirp.  These are my place of solitude. My places of rest where I can just talk to God about decisions that was on my heart.  I would just talk to God and scream inside my inner being.  Those times I enjoyed the most this semester.  Those times of solitude has allowed me to pray and confess my fought and to seek God.  I combine these three because they have been the disciplines that I have practiced the most.  This semester has been long, fun and energy draining, but overall through solitude, confession and prayer my worries have turned into God’s favor on my behalf.  There was a point in my life I would panic, worry and get upset when things did not go the way that I thought it should go.  This beginning of this year coming into this semester, I have learned that if I take a deep breath and say okay Lord I trust you. I know that worrying does not bring you glory, it only makes problems worse; it does not find a solution to the problem.  I constantly say in my head over and over again, Lord I trust you, Lord I trust you, Lord I trust you.  Lord I ask give me the grace and mercy to trust you and not worry. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment