Thursday, December 13, 2012


Distractions

            I would make up an acronym for this word, but for now I am acronym out.  (LOL)

(LAZY)& (PROCASTRINATION) are the words that I would describe as my distraction.  I was the biggest distraction.  I would set the clock to get up and pray and when it went off I would turn It off and go back to sleep.  By the time I got up it was time for me to get ready for my day.  Being lazy caused me to procrastinate in practicing my spiritual disciplines.  Some days I would practice them and some days I would not.  I did them when I felt like doing them.  (YES) I know how selfish of me.  All the while I was being lazy God kept tugging at my heart to do what was right.  Being double minded was not good and is not good.  I kept going back and forth do right be lazy do right be lazy.  I must have gotten on the Lord’s nerves with this double mindedness, but yet his grace and mercy was sufficient and new for me every morning.  God was long suffering for me.  I choose to address this struggle by asking God to forgive me daily and to give me grace and mercy to do what is right,  I love the discipline of solitude, because it is where I can go to ask God as many questions that I can to help me through life’s struggles.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment