Thursday, November 1, 2012


FASTING

 
Full Access Serving The Inner Nearness (Of) God

 
When I think of fasting, I think of what I can or cannot have to eat.  Fasting from foods is most beneficial to me.  I look at fasting as putting my flesh under subjection. Fasting from food allows God to work more in my life, because my flesh is silent and my spirit man is more alert to hear what God wants me to do. I have a fasting book that shows you all about the different kinds of fasts that the people did in the biblical days.  I prayed and I asked God what kind of fast I should do. And I kid you not people it was interesting.  It was something that I had wanted to do for a while, but I just did not seek God on the type of fast that I should be doing. In God's word it says is this the type of fast that I have chosen.  (Isaiah 58:6) says it clearer.  Some things in my life needed to be broken.  I really had to seek God on the type of fast so that it could be more beneficial unto the kingdom of God.  I chose not to disclose the type of fast, but it was from food.  It is the obedience not just the sacrifice that God looks at.  If God says tori no meat or no food for this period of time, then that is what God Says. If we do a fast and it is not what God say do then we are being disobedient.  Half obedience is still disobedience.  It is best if we do what God says to do all the way not half way.  I did it for the period of time and then slacked off and had to repent and asked God to forgive me.  I then Asked God to give me another chance.  One thing that I have learned is that fasting is a life style of consecration and dedication unto the Lord.  It is setting aside time to say thank you Lord, I choose you over what I desire because I desire a closer walk with the Lord.  I am going to continue to ask God to help me fast, so that I can draw closer to him.  I would like to fast every week and dedicate a day to him.  I believe that God will receive my dedication and diligence.                                                                                                           

 

1 comment:

  1. I loved what you said in this post about fasting being a way to say "I choose You over what I desire because I desire a closer walk with you". I think this really sums up what fasting is. Very cool that you are thinking about dedicating one day a week to fast. It's something I might consider as well. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete