Friday, November 16, 2012


Safe in my place, Live In Connection In The You Already (R) Divine
  
T                O                                                 

A               S                                                   

N              SIMPLICITY

D              T    

                 I

                O

                N

                        When I think of the word simplicity, I think of a few words that I can combine (REST), and (PEACE).  In my mind I think of myself standing on a doc at great lakes and watching the sun slowly set.  Having this visual of the sunset in my mind reminds me that I have to allow God time to mold me and shape me.  The life that I live in God is going to take time and I have to rest in him knowing that thee God may not come when I want him to come but I know that by experience he is always on time. The Word of God tells us, "And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God." (Deut. 28:2 KJV) (Galatians 6:9) New International Version (NIV) Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Matt 6:33) New International Version (NIV) But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.


 

            In my younger years, I would dress to impress and not be happy with the person that God created me to be.  As I got older I learned through teaching and mentorship that Simplicity had to become me a part of me.  I had to learn that God created me from purpose, for purpose on purpose, with purpose.  I learn that God is a gift to me and I a gift to him. 

            I look over my life from as a child that God had a purpose for me. He gave me the gift of pastors, mentors, friends, and people of wisdom that has been a great impact on my life.  Through this I have learned how to have simplicity and share simplicity with others.  I have learned to be filled with joy the way God has made me.  I have learned that I cannot please people, but only God through faith.  My simplicity also comes from looking in the mirror and reminded myself that God loves me therefore I must love myself and that I have been created with a purpose daily.  I remind myself of God’s scripture of who I am.  (John 1:12)  I am a child of God.  Ephesians 1:3-8 I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.  (Colossians 2:9-10)  I am complete in Christ.  My simplicity is looking in the mirror and saying I am beautifully and wonderfully made in and out.  My continually discipline will continue to remind myself who I am in God through scripture and thank God for what I do have.

 

1 comment:

  1. You are such an encouragement to me! I love that you took this discipline and used it to remind yourself of who you are in Christ. Just from reading your posts, it is evident that you are seeking Him and finding your identity in who Christ has made you to be. You're beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete