Thursday, October 25, 2012




PRAYER

 
Powerful Relentless Action

You’re Ever Revived

 
I had a conversation with my Senior Pastor about prioritizing my time better. His exact words were, (PRAY) and ask God to show you how to balance your time diligently. So I listened and prayed and asked God to help me with balance. One of my church mothers said Tori you must remember First God, School, Work and B Ball. I said Lord Help me, I need your guidance and direction and I need you to help me with balance.

            Since that time that I talked to my pastor I talked to God too; I have done better, but can use some improvement in getting up early to spend time with God. My plan was to get up early every day at five am to pray. I apologize, I set my clock at the time that I am supposed to get up but hit the clock and go back to sleep. My prayer has constantly been this whole week Lord please forgive me, Lord thank you for forgiving me. I forgive myself for being lazy. I sound like a broken record over and over again. Lord help me to put you first Matt 6:33 comes to mind when I say this pray. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all of things other things will be added unto you. I know that if I put God first in my time with him everything else will be balanced in my life. I always have this scenario stuck in my mind, if God said Tori, I want you to get up and pray every day at five am until I give you a new assignment and if you do I will give you a thousand dollars. I would be on it, because I would see the benefit in the natural which is temporal but what I cannot see which is the spiritual is eternally. I think other people can attest to this same scenario.

            I learned something that the currency of heaven is prayer. It is our communication to God. Just like the saying money talks and can do a lot for you to live and have a great status on the earth. Prayer is talking to God to receive his guidance, direction, benefits and next season of assignments. My goal is not to give up but to do what God says do and understand that there is a benefit in serving God.  Prayer is my currency into the gates of heaven combined with Faith. Powerful Relentless Action equals being Forever Revived. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Very thought-provoking post. I can identify with you that when the benefit is not clearly seen in doing difficult things for the Lord (even though we know there is benefit), it can be hard. But you're so right in that there IS great benefit in doing what God wants us to do and that is so much better than a couple extra hours more of sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete